Tuesday 15 May 2012


Last weekend, I decided to accompany my husband to Mayne Island. The preparations involved in leaving for two measly nights took up two days. I enlisted the help of one of my nieces who was going to come over and stay the weekend.  Ultimately, everything fell through because...well, kids have a way of throwing a curve-ball into your plans. So, we didn't go! By the time we'll be able to leave these kids we'll be senior citizens and too old to have any fun. BUT - we are determined to try again this weekend. We are going to put our foot down and demand our fair share of enjoyment out of this life. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The plan is, while Lorenzo is finishing the master bedroom, I am going to seal the bathroom pebble tile. Here is the old bathroom, in case I didn't post a picture before...





As I mentioned, it was on the main floor, right beside the kitchen, and about 3 feet from anyone sitting in the living room. It also occupied the southern corner of the cottage, so all of the wonderful sunshine and south-facing light was being blocked by this badly-placed bathroom.
 The only thing we've salvaged is the toilet. The new bathroom - relocated to the upstairs - is nearly done. Because the ceiling is slanted, I needed to find a shower rod with a pivoting flange. It proved nearly impossible, but finally I found one. In Florida. Made in Germany. They mailed it to me and it arrived yesterday. What a little miracle this thing is...




It's a relief to know that we'll have a functioning shower curtain. Our bathroom already looks so cute. When it's all painted with the hardwood floors put in, it's going to be a very charming space in the cottage...





The goal this weekend is to get rid of all the furniture that the previous owners left behind and finish the upstairs. Then we'll be ready for paint. The weather is supposed to hold out, and I can't begin to express how much I need to get over there. I haven't seen the cottage since August. Everything that's been done - the tree removal, the windows installed, all the renovation - I've only seen in photos. Can't wait to take a look around and get out of the city for a few days. If any of our evil spawn decide to derail our plans, I will lose it. Anyway...have a nice day!



No comments:

Post a Comment