Wednesday 9 January 2013


I'm leaving for Mayne Island tomorrow instead of Friday - I figured I'd head over earlier and be able to come home Sunday morning and still spend some time with my husband. I'm not really looking forward to it - I feel like I've just come home and now I'm packing up to leave again. And it's spooky over there!

Anyway, the Google blog people must be in a coma because I still can't upload pictures the normal way. Instead I have to use Google Chrome, and I don't even know what that is. The option just appeared on my computer. Here are some holiday pics I'd like to share...


The Church of Guadalupe...


Open marketplace...



Here is how we spent Christmas day!



Here is my daughter hugging a dolphin...



Younger son holds "hands" with his new buddies...



Getting smooched by a sea lion...



Yay! This is fun!



The view from our balcony...



Our oldest boy endures a hug from his mum...



Three happy teenagers playing volleyball...



The beach in town, at night...



Date night!



Christmas dinner at La Dolce Vita - best food ever. What a small world - the owner is from the same town as Lorenzo's parents. They greeted each other like long-lost friends. I haven't eaten Italian cuisine as good as this outside of Italy...



Pizza margarita...



Lorenzo's dinner - who would choose turkey over this?



My handsome husband...



French Bistro - this was the most beautifully designed cafe I've ever seen - every detail was perfect...


Getting psyched to go zip-lining. I stayed at the condo and read...


 Wa-hoo!



Racing through the jungle...



Evening stroll on the Malecon...



Twin love...



With my daughter...



Downtown at night...



Guido drinks a mojito...



This was kind of a bad day. Lorenzo took the kids to the Puerto Vallarta zoo. I opted out as I hate zoos. Anyway, our daughter felt so sorry for the animals there, that she came back to the condo and had a complete meltdown. No more zoos for us...



But wild birds are good! These parrots were not stuck in cages...



A whiter shade of pale...



Waiting for the big one...



Dive!!




Family lunch at Oscar's...


Lorenzo contemplates life....




It just doesn't get any better than this...



Best Christmas EVER!




*     *     *     *

Sadly, our tropical vacation is over. I can't wait to go back... The problem will be, who will take care of our dog and rabbit? My cousin had a bit of an adventure. Our stupid dog staged a "great escape" and was gone for over 24 hours. An exhaustive search finally proved successful, but not before my poor cousin nearly had a heart attack. She has since declared her pet-sitting services to be over. Not even a gold fish! Not even a chia-pet! She's done. Never again.

I don't blame her... Boy, did we ever feel bad.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll be on the 10am ferry. The cottage will be as cold as a meat-locker, so I'm bringing some very warm clothes. Until then...





Bad doggie!













No comments:

Post a Comment