Friday 18 January 2013


Lorenzo took the evening ferry to Mayne last night, and I actually had butterflies in my stomach. We are nearing the end of this bitter slog-fest, and now is where it starts to get really exciting. Moulding is everything!  

Here is my design philosophy: a room should be beautiful empty. And how do you achieve this? With moulding and trim. Before you buy new furniture or paint a room, take a good look at the bones of the room: wimpy trim is ugly; two-inch baseboards are ugly; popcorn ceilings are really ugly.

Lorenzo emailed me a picture this morning to get my approval on the math - trim is all about getting the math right. I am so so pleased!

We decided to do a real arts & crafts style of trim at the cottage which looks like this:







Check this out. The west wall just after installing the new windows...





And as of today...




Oh, this is going to look so gooood!

Lorenzo says he isn't coming home until all the trim (except for the baseboards) are done. 

Ciao for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment