Thursday 13 September 2012



Lorenzo called me yesterday and said, "Can you see if there's a chiropractor on Mayne Island?" I asked what happened. You're not going to believe this. He's outside chopping something on his saw and over to his right he sees a tree frog, sitting there staring at him. He moves it aside, and it hops back. He was worried the sawdust might get into its face, so he picked it up and walked out to the lawn. He bent down to place the frog on the ground and when he stood up, his back went out. Foiled by a tree frog!





Turns out, there are no chiropractors on Mayne Island. Last night he slept on the floor and today he felt much better. Poor guy!

And then he told me he wanted to go ahead and buy the new fireplace. I groaned. We hashed it out again and he came around. This morning he dismantled the entire structure, and he sent me a picture of all the screws he had to take out...





The wall is back to the way it was...




No more talking about the fireplace! The wood stove stays.

He has done the strapping on the ceiling above the eating area...




The ceiling will be finished today and then he's going to start on the walls.

I was planning to head over there tomorrow morning - just show up and surprise him - but my teenage kids are just nitwits. This morning, someone left the front door wide open. I was in the basement, came upstairs, and luckily the dog and the rabbit were too dazed out to notice their opportunity for escape. If I end up going, a friend of mine is going to pop over in the evening to make sure they're all home and not having a wild party. Maybe their Uncle Marcus or Auntie Liana could also swing by...unannounced, of course. (hint hint)

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment