Sunday 23 September 2012

(**** updated with better quality photos... ***)

Lorenzo was supposed to return this evening but decided to stay until tomorrow morning. He was determined to get all the walls done, and he did. Here is the fridge wall - let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? Here's the fridge nook when we bought the cottage...





almost there...





Ta-da! It's all done. It looks so cute...












The plan was to move the fridge to the left, and install a 15-inch wide Ikea pantry cupboard.
I need a place to put food, pet supplies, etc. There won't be much storage available in a kitchen this small. This is what I planned on...





Unfortunately, this retails for $557. If you opt for shelves instead of drawers, it is still expensive at $258. I think we'll just tuck a Hemnes bookcase into the space...




This one costs $150. I'll try to find something like it on Craigslist. Annoyingly, it costs $120. in the US even though our dollar has been at par, or close to it, for years now. Not fair...

The stove wall is also done - here is that part of the kitchen when we bought the cottage. The wall you see behind the stove was the original bathroom. Now, it's our dining room...







Wall is removed...





Plumbing & electrical gets done...






insulation and plywood installed...





and voila!






Here`s another picture that was taken with the camera, instead of the phone...




The north-east corner of the room is now finished as well...









 
 
Lorezno added an extra trim piece around the ceilings...









So there you go...it's done. We're ready for paint. After the paint comes the floor and then the windows will get trimmed out. Very exciting!

As I mentioned, I am going with a Benjamin Moore colour called "Man on the Moon"...


 




I've used it before, and I know it will look warm and happy, especially on a dreary rainy day in winter.  I think we should use a sprayer this time; it will be so much faster. We know someone who has offered to lend us his, but I've never used one before. I think we should just hire someone. Well...ciao for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment