Saturday 21 April 2012


 
My husband decided to stay on Mayne Island an extra day, so he won't be home until tomorrow morning. Luckily, my cousins were there to feed him and give him showering privileges. (thanks Liana & Marcus!) He managed to finish our sons' room. Here are some pictures...

 

 

 

  
  

I'm really happy with the trim work around the window.
Thank God I married a handyman...

  
 
Here is other end of the room before...


  

The closet had to be closed off as we needed the space for the new bathroom...it's really a shame that the wood used in the hallway was not continued into the bedrooms. It would have saved us so much work. I haven't decided yet if I'll paint it out; it depends on how dark the hallway feels when we're done...





Here is how it looks trimmed out...






This will require one coat of primer, and two coats of paint...this is going to be a very big and time consuming job...I wonder if there are any good painters on Mayne Island...Another thing my husband has done this weekend is trim out the openings for the bathroom's built-in medicine cabinets...





So, while he's been over there doing his carpentry work, I've been home with four teenagers. The noise can be ear-splitting at times, especially when my younger boy decides to thrash his drums, but overall it has been fine. My sons mowed the front & back lawns and did the weed-wacking  - they didn't want their father to come home to more work....they're good lads.

 


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment